The Gallagher family donated the Yarramanbully School building to the Manilla Community for the town's centenary of Public Education in 1977. Manilla Historical Society volunteers restored the building, which was left intact with all its contents on the Gallagher property at the close of classes in 1953. Click the document below for the full story.
Pictured below is the class handiwork of pupil John Gallagher, seen in the front row of the school photo, 3rd from the left. His brother Peter is pictured at right, at the exhibit's opening in Pioneer Park, with first Yarramanbully teacher, Miss Chaffey.